Sunday 9 January 2011

So i ran out of time the other day while filling you in on what i got up to over the Christmas period. The answer - between Christmas and New Years Eve i did absolutely nothing! Well that's a slight lie because i went shopping in the sales. I got new black and white brogues, a new pair of loafers, a 60's style shirt, a bag, a floral dress and three t shirts. Quite successful if i say so myself.

New Year's Eve was rather blurry for me. Drinking two bottles of rosé wine before even going to the pub was a bad, bad idea. I started the night at Paul's house where we all decided to meet and drink before heading out. Two bottles of wine and a few cigarettes later (i only smoke when extremely drunk) Lisa and i headed to my friend Sarah's house as she was going to join us at the local. She only lives about 5 minutes from Paul but because of the black ice and snow everywhere it took us around 15 minutes to drunkenly stumble towards her house. When we got there, we saw that everyone who was at Paul's house had ended up in Sarah's. Sarah's family are hilarious and extremely kind. Her mum, Izzy is always getting me drunk whenever i visit! So Izzy began pouring me more glasses of wine and so here is where my memory became blurred. Apparently we stayed at Sarah's in the company of her family from 10.30 until 11.45 where we then made our way to the pub to bring in the New Year. I have no recollection of the length of time we spent in Sarah's or even making our way to the pub, i do however remember saying 'Happy New Year' to everyone i knew in the pub and i also remember planting a big one on walker who then tried to hug me to death. My best friend Erin phoned at around 12.30 and said she was walking down from her aunty's party to meet us for a while. I took this as a hint to walk up and meet her and so, on my own, i left the pub and wandered around Denny (which is extremely creepy at night) to try and meet her. While waiting on her, i made friends with a pleasant drunken man in his 40's who wished me 'Happy New Year', hugged me, gave me the party hat he was wearing and told me i was going to have a great year, he then stumbled away into the night. I grew fond of him after that! So anyway, i met up with erin, we stumbled back to the pub, singing drunken tunes as we went - our favourite drunken song is A Little Respect by Erasure followed by Sheila by Jamie T. We went to the pub and started taking shots which was not my best idea. This is where my memory fades again..
The next thing i remember is being back at Sarah's house with Sarah, Walker, Paul, Lisa and Chris. Walker and i were having an interesting chat about how he pulls girls and about this girl he really liked. I'm not sure what i said to him, but i bet it was good advice ;). Next thing i know, i'm taking shots of Absolute Pear Vodka with Walker. After two i couldn't take anymore and Walker being the loving person he is shouted 'COME ON, MAN UP AND DRINK UP YOU PUSSY!' .. so i did.
I then woke up the next day on Sarah's couch with a blanket wrapped around me while Chris and Walker lay on the other chairs. Chris left early in the morning, but i stayed until around 5pm as did Walker just chatting away to Izzy and Sarah.
All in all, it was a messy, messy night but i loved every second (of what i can remember!).

                                        Me looking sober before my night of drunken chat began.




The 2nd of January was a great day for me. Aiden Grimshaw was appearing in City nightclub in Falkirk! Now i know it doesn't seem like my kind of thing, but i absolutely LOVE X Factor and Aiden Grimshaw was my favourite this year, his voice is unique, he's gorgeous and he has a quiff! So you can imagine my excitement when i found out he'd be at City. So Lisa and i headed there, we bought our £13 VIP bands and got ourselves a few drinks. At around 11 o'clock, we went to the toilet to freshen up because he was going to be performing soon, when we came back from the toilets we noticed that he was actually sitting in VIP! So yes, Lisa and i got to meet the gorgeous Aiden Grimshaw and he was such a nice guy. I kind of felt for him a little though because he had all these people in his face but you know, i still made my way over! He signed one of the flyers that i was given and we got a picture together. HOWEVER! i hate the picture, because i look so awkward and my face looks disgusting and my feet are at an awkard angle. There is a reason for me looking so bad in the picture. The camera man took it while i was still preparing for the picture, he then took another picture which probably would have been a much better result than the first but he didn't bother to post the second one. So yeah, i was stuck with this horrible picture which i have tried to brighten, darken, crop and fix in every way (see two of the better results below) but i still look terrible. But it was an awesome night and i'm just happy i got to meet him!

                                                          Before heading out to City. 



                                     I don't even have my proper smile on, i just look awkward.

         See, i told you my feet are at awkward angles!
            However, Aiden is beautiful so you should all just stare at his face.

My future boyfriend.

Then from the 3rd of January to present day which is the 9th of January, i have suffered with the flu. I have never been so ill in all my life and i've been curled up in bed all week, feeling sorry for myself and watching copious amounts of Sex and the City. Hopefully it will leave soon as i have a lot of college work to hand in on Wednesday and Friday and so i will need to be fit and have energy to get them finished!

Goodnight X

No comments:

Post a Comment